It’s no secret. It’s never been a secret. I am O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with chocolate & peanut butter together. It is the flavor combo I crave above all others. If I was ever on the show Survivor, it would be the first thing I’d want afterwards. If I could only bring two foods with me to a desert island….you get the point 🙂
If you like chocolate and peanut butter too, read on
Do you like chocolate & peanut butter too?! If yes, then Whoa
Nellie Nelly, do I have the recipe for you! (originally I wrote Nellie..you know, like the rapper. LOL. Though I am sure he’d enjoy these bars too…)
WTF is MIYM
Oh, you may be wondering, what is MIYM?? It stands for “melt-in-your-mouth.” Who doesn’t love another acronym?? 😀 These blondies truly MIYM! So luscious, so perfectly sweet & satisfying..
They have a smooth, rich peanut-butter-brown-sugar dough, studded with lots’a chocolate chips, and drizzled with, of course, more PB!
Check out that peanut butter drizzle! Yuuuuuuummm
I love these blondies because..
- Can be made in one bowl (fewer dishes = less clean up time!)
- Take 30 minutes or less to whip up and put in the oven
- Make enough to serve at a party; bring to a potluck or picnic; share with lots of different people; or to freeze half to have on-hand for later! (PS I know it’s COVID right now…but, for when we’re able to frolic again..til then, enjoy them at home!)
- Are made with WHOLE WHEAT and OAT flours (heyyy, Fiber & whole grains..)
- +PLUS are DAIRY-FREE & easily VEGAN!!
Baking is super fun
Baking is super fun, and for me personally a productive stress reliever. But also, we’re all BUSY! Even when you’re busy, these will come together so quickly and taste so FRESH and HOMEMADE – the answer to your dessert-loving-busy-life. It’s here.
To make them vegan
The bars recipe as-written is dairy-free.If you’re vegan, just sub in 3 flax eggs in place of the 3 chicken eggs.
My go-to chocolate chips happen to be vegan! I get them from Wegman’s– their regular, store-brand semi-sweet chocolate chips are conveniently vegan! They are far and wide the most affordable vegan chocolate chips I’ve ever found, and, they taste exactly like their non-vegan cousins.
What kind of chocolate chips do you use?? If you don’t need the bars to be vegan, feel free to use whatever your fav chocolate chips are!!
I’m hungry, are you hungry? Shall we? 🙂 –>
I love to see and share your baking!! Share your pics on Instagram & tag @FetchingGoodies!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies!
Dairy-free | Vegan option
Makes about 4 dozen blondies
3/4 cup olive oil (or coconut oil, melted)
1 3/4 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I like creamy, but feel free to use crunchy if you prefer!)
3 eggs (or flax eggs)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons almond milk (or your fav non-dairy milk)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup oat flour (take regular oats, grind ’em up in food processor, measure out 3/4 cup!)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
pinch Maldon flaky sea salt (optional)
1/4 cup additional peanut butter, to drizzle
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15×10 inch jelly roll pan (baking sheet) with parchment paper. Set that aside.
2) In a large bowl, measure in your olive oil, brown sugar, and peanut butter. Using a whisk and your amazing arm-power, whisk these 3 ingredients together.
3) Add in the vanilla extract, eggs, and non-dairy milk. Whisk Whisk Whisk again – feel that burn in your arm! Just a little workout whilest we bake 🙂
4) Once you have a fully combined mixture, shake off the whisk. All done whisking. Your arm may rest.
5) Add in the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. To do this, try to sprinkle each ingredient over the top off the batter, distributing it, rather than dumping all in one spot. That way, you’re helping to distribute the drys, and preventing any big clumps.
6) Using a rubber spatula, gently mix in the dry ingredients. You’ll have a beautiful, smooth, light-brown colored dough.
7) Add in the chocolate chips. I like to reserve a small handful of chocolate chips to sprinkle on top, for looks. If you aren’t worried about that, then just dump ’em all in! Fold them into the dough with the rubber spatula. You don’t want to overmix or the blondies will come out tough, so mix just until all combined.
8) Spread the batter into your parchment-lined pan. Use the spatula to spread it evenly. If you reserved chocolate chips, sprinkle those on top. Then, sprinkle on sea salt! I use Maldon Sea Salt Flakes. Any sea salt will do! This will REALLY bring out the flavors of the blondies.
9) Put the pan in the oven and allow to bake for about 20 minutes, or until a light golden brown color.
10) Allow the bars to cool in the pan on a hot-pad or wire baking rack for at least 10 minutes. OK the countdown start now……
11) HOORAY, congratulations on waiting! That step was to prevent anyone from getting burned from the hot pan or bars!
Time for THE PB DRIZZLE!! Take a little peanut butter, put it into a small bowl. I used about 1/4 cup, though admittedly, I didn’t measure. However much additional PB that you want!! Microwave it for 30 seconds. Stir. Then drizzle with a knife or spatula back and forth across the bars.
12) If you want to have them now / warm…GO! It’s time!! 😀
13) If you are eating them later, or want to store them for another time, allow them to cool completely. Then, slice into bars and store them in an airtight container.
Once they’re cooled completely, put them in a freezer-safe container. Layer a piece of wax paper or parchment paper between each layer. Then pop them in the freezer. When you want to eat them, take them out the night before. Or, if you just want one now, stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds, and you’ll have a warm ready-to-eat blondie!
Take it up a notch..
My favorite way to eat these is warm with a little bit of dairy-free ice cream. Breyers makes an almond milk based Oreo and an almond milk based Peanut Butter Swirl – LOVE these, and they’re a little lighter than many of the other DF ice creams I find. There are so many though..so many options…choose your favorite!!
Ok, you’ve now achieved chocolate-peanut-butter (dairy-free) bliss. Share with your family. Send to friends. Keep to yourself. I’m not judging 🙂
Share your pics on Instagram & tag @FetchingGoodies!
Want to make more peanut butter chocolate recipes?! OK, me too!!! Here are a few of my favs..
- Mini Vegan Peanut Butter Oreo Cheesecakes
- Dark Chocolate Oaties with Peanut Butter Chips!
- Choc-O-PB Bars: Chocolate Oreo Peanut Butter
- The Peanut Butter Lover Cookie!
- *Healthier* Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars!