It’s no secret. It’s never been a secret. I am O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with chocolate & peanut butter together. It is the flavor combo I crave above all others. If I was ever on the show Survivor, it would be the first thing I’d want afterwards. If I could only bring two foods with me to a desert island….you get the point 🙂
Do you like chocolate & peanut butter too?! If yes, then Woah
Nellie Nelly, do I have the recipe for you! (originally I wrote Nellie..you know, like the rapper. LOL. Though I am sure he’d enjoy these bars too…)
Oh, you may be wondering, what is MIYM?? It stands for “melt-in-your-mouth.” Who doesn’t love another abbreviation?? 😀 These blondies truly MIYM! So luscious, so perfectly sweet & satisfying..
These bangin’ bars have a smooth, rich peanut-butter-brown-sugar dough, studded with lots’a chocolate chips, and drizzled with, of course, more PB!
Check out that peanut butter drizzle! Yuuuuuuummm
- Can be made in one bowl (fewer dishes = less clean up time!)
- Take 30 minutes or less the whip up and put in the oven
- Make enough to serve at a party; bring to a potluck or picnic; share with lots of different people; or to freeze half to have on-hand for later!
- Are made with WHOLE WHEAT and OAT flours (heyyy, Fiber & whole grains..)
- +PLUS are DAIRY-FREE & easily VEGAN!!
Baking is super fun, and for me personally a fantastic stress reliever. But also, we’re all BUSY, #amiright?! Even when you’re busy, these will come together so quickly and taste so FRESH and HOMEMADE – the answer to your dessert-loving-busy-life. Right Hurrrr.
I made this batch with brown sugar, and with eggs. If you’re vegan, just make sure to check the sugar you’re using, and sub in 3 flax eggs in place of the 3 chicken eggs.
My go-to chocolate chips happen to be vegan! I get them from Wegman’s– their regular, store-brand semi-sweet chocolate chips are conveniently vegan! They are far and wide the most affordable vegan chocolate chips I’ve ever found, and, they taste exactly like their non-vegan cousins.
What kind of chocolate chips do you use?? If you don’t need the bars to be vegan, feel free to use whatever your fav chocolate chips are!!
I’m hungry, are you hungry? Shall we? 🙂 –>
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies!
Makes a 15×10 inch pan of bars — about 48 bars, depending how large or small you want them.
3/4 cup olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
1 3/4 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I like creamy, but feel free to use crunchy if you prefer!)
3 eggs (or flax eggs)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons cashew milk (or any non-dairy milk)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup oat flour (take regular oats, grind ’em up in food processor, measure out 3/4 cup!)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 12oz bag chocolate chips – dairy-free, if you want the bars to be DF!
Flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 15×10 inch jelly roll pan (baking sheet) with non-stick cooking spray. Set that aside.
2) In a large bowl, measure in your olive oil, brown sugar, and peanut butter. Using a whisk and your amazing arm-power, whisk these 3 ingredients together.
3) Add in the vanilla extract, eggs, and non-dairy milk. Whisk Whisk Whisk again – feel that burn in your arm! Just a little workout whilest we bake 🙂
4) Once you have a fully combined mixture, shake off the whisk. All done whisking. Your arm may rest.
5) Add in the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, and salt. To do this, try to sprinkle each ingredient over the top off the batter, distributing it, rather than dumping all in one spot. That way, you’re helping to distribute the drys, and preventing any big clumps.
6) Using a rubber spatula, gently mix in the dry ingredients. You’ll have a beautiful, smooth, light-brown colored dough.
7) Add in the chocolate chips. I like to reserve a small amount of chocolate chips to sprinkle on top, for looks. If you aren’t worried about that, then just dump ’em all in! Fold them into the dough with the rubber spatula.
8) Spread the batter into your prepared jelly roll pan. Use the spatula to spread it evenly. If you reserved chocolate chips, sprinkle those on top. Then, sprinkle on sea salt! I use Maldon Sea Salt Flakes. Any sea salt will do! This will REALLY bring out the flavors of the blondies.
10) Allow the bars to cool in the pan on a hot-pad or wire baking rack for at least 10 minutes. OK the countdown start now…………………………………………………………
11) HOORAY, congratulations on waiting! That step was to prevent anyone from getting burned from the hot pan or bars! If you want to have them now / warm…GO! It’s time!! 😀
12) If you are serving them later, or want to store them for another time, allow them to cool completely. Then, slice into bars and store them in an airtight container.
13) To freeze: Once they’re cooled completely, put them in a freezer-safe container and pop them in the freezer. When you want to eat them, take them out the night before. Or, if you just want one now, stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds, and you’ll have a warm ready-to-eat blondie!
14) My favorite way to eat these is warm with a little bit of dairy-free ice cream. I usually buy Trader Joe’s Soy Creamy vanilla. Its’ delicious. Do y’all have favorite dairy-free ice creams?! I’d love to hear ’em!
15) OH YEAH THE PB DRIZZLE!! Take a little peanut butter, put it into a small bowl. I used about 1/4 cup, though admittedly, I didn’t measure. However much additional PB that you want!! Microwave it for 30 seconds. Stir. Then drizzle with a knife or spatula back and forth across the bars.
Ok, you’ve now achieved chocolate-peanut-butter (dairy-free) bliss. ENJOY!!!
Want to make more peanut butter chocolate recipes?! OK, me too!!! Here are a few of my favs..
- Mini Vegan Peanut Butter Oreo Cheesecakes
- Dark Chocolate Oaties with Peanut Butter Chips!
- Choc-O-PB Bars: Chocolate Oreo Peanut Butter
- The Peanut Butter Lover Cookie!
- *Healthier* Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars!