Quick, grab-n-go, healthy breakfasts are hard to come by, amiright??
I love carbs
There are SO many tempting delicious breakfast
carbs options – muffins, croissants, cinnamon rolls, donuts, bagels…the list goes on! And don’t get me wrong, I LOVE a luscious breakfast treat every once in a while, but, what about a healthy version for every day?
Enter THESE! Peanut butter banana mini muffins
That’s why I’ve been working on these minis and I’m pumped to share them with you!! They pack a delishhh banana flavor, with a smooth creamy subtle peanut butter punch. They make a FAB quick breakfast, but I also find myself having them for an afternoon snack!
Around 3pm, do you hit that wall where you need…*something*? Yes? I certainly do! And that is the time that I most often reach for whatever is convenient, and it’s not necessarily what I want or healthy at all! So to have these on-hand is perfect.
These mini muffins have just a hint of sweetness, plus the almond flour-peanut butter combo makes them oh-so-satisfying. Snacking cravings = satiated.
Take them with you
I know right now we’re all hunkered in at home. These minis are an easy snack solution for you and the whole family!
Once we’re back out and about again, take ’em with you! Toss a few in a small container or ziploc bag. Take them to work. Bring ’em to the gym for pre or post workout nosh. Bring ’em to the park. Put ’em in your kids’ lunch boxes. Share them with your friends. Whatever it is! Keep ’em on hand.
Vegan, Dairy-free, & Gluten-free
BONUS! They’re conveniently vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free!! Because why the heck not?
Ok, I’m HUNGRY! Are you? Yes? Let’s get baking!
Bake it, share it! I love to see & share your baking. Post pics and tag @fetchinggoodies on Instagram!!
Peanut Butter Banana Mini Muffins!
Makes about 36 minis
Vegan, Dairy-free, & Gluten-free
1 flax egg (1 Tablespoons flaxseeds mixed with 3 Tablespoons water)
1/2 cup peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
3 ripe bananas, mashed (I mash ’em with a fork. Easy-peasy!)
1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup almond flour
1 Tablespoon flaxseeds
1 tsp baking soda
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray or coconut oil. Set those aside for now.
2) To make the flax egg, mix together 1 Tablespoons of flaxseeds with 3 Tablespoons of water. Allow it to sit for about 15 minutes. The mixture will thicken.
3) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flax egg, peanut butter, vanilla, mashed banana, coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
4) Switch to a rubber spatula and gently fold in the almond flour and baking soda.
5) Now we’re ready for those muffin pans! Using a large spoon or small cookie scoop, scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
6) Bake them in your preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until they spring back when you lightly touch the top of one and the edges are a light brown.
7) Cool the muffins in the muffin pan for about 5 minutes. Then, remove them from the pan, and serve! If you’re feeling fancy, eat ’em with a slathering of almond butter or your favorite nut butter…and maybe some cacao nibs 😀
If you’re saving some for later, allow them to cool completely and then store them in an airtight container.
Voila, that’s it! I hope you enjoy these little minis as much as I do! And remember to tag @fetchinggoodies with your baking pics on Instagram.
Have a delicious day friends 🙂