You like peanut butter, chocolate, warm & soft treats…
and you also like to try to eat healthfully…sometimes…#amiright??
Enter: these babies. They’re whole wheat & oat and have no butter or oil. Lots of peanut butter (for protein, health fat, and deliciousness), touch of sugar, whole grains, and, shamelessly, a glorious amount of chocolaty chips.
Healthy? I mean, no. Healthier than your usual cookie? Heck yes!
We should get started– I see you’re drooling.
2 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups quick cooking oats
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup almond milk
1 10oz bag mini chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2) Put the peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute, until melted / liquidy. Set aside to cool a bit.
3) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4) In a large bowl combine the melted peanut butter and brown sugar. Whisk together until well combined. Then add in the egg and vanilla, continuing to whisk. The mixture will get thicker.
5) Switch to stirring with a wood spoon. Alternatively add in the flour mixture and almond milk, half at a time. Continue mixing until full incorporated. NOTE: This may take a bit of arm-work– earn those gooey peanut buttery bites! 🙂
6) Stir in almost all of the chocolate chips.
7) Dump the dough out into the prepared pan and press into the pan evenly. Top with the reserved chocolate chips.
8) Bake in the preheated over for about 20 minutes, or until the edges just start to brown.
9) Cool on a wire cooling rack. I’d recommend cutting into them while they’re still warm! And maybe topping with vanilla or cookies n cream frozen yogurt…:-D Trust me, you will NOT regret it!!
Oh my, yum. I’m eating one now. You should put a scoop of frozen yogurt on it. OH YES I DID!!
Just picture this..
With frozen yogurt (or ice cream) on top.
Dessert? Snack? …breakfast? Ok ok, breakfast might be pushing it. But I dont judge.
1 comment on “*Healthier* Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars!”Add yours →
Comments are closed. You can not add new comments.