STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING!! This recipe is for your immediate attention if you:
1) Love chocolate
2) Are vegan
3) Are not vegan
Recipe for all chocolate-lovers
In other words, whether you’re vegan or not, these are the super chocolatey Oreo brownies that dreams are made of. If you prefer the texture of brownies over cake and the flavor of chocolate over vanilla, I am confident you will swoon over them as much as I am!!!
Are you vegan?
No, personally I am not vegan; however, I am lactose-intolerant = no dairy. And you know, dairy is in SO many things! That’s why I get extra excited when I see anything that is vegan– because it means it also contains no dairy. And THAT means I know I can
GO TO TOWN and eat it. 🙂
Though I’m not vegan, I have huge respect for people who are! Twice this month I’ve been asked to make vegan-friendly “somethings” that are a delicious dessert and travel well/dont need refrigeration. Luckily I had just experimented with a new vegan brownie recipe!! It’s fate.
But wait, are Oreos Vegan?
YES MA’AM/SIR THEY ARE!! Say whhhat! Dont think too hard about it (lol). It’s not like I’m saying Oreos are healthy. But, they are vegan, which means we can load those beautiful vegan brownies up with as much Oreo deliciousness as our hearts desire!! BRING ON THE OREOS!
Do I need any weird ingredients?
In a word, no! There are 9 ingredients in these brownies. I’d say the “weirdest” ingredient that you might not have on hand for baking is flaxseeds. Even if you dont eat flaxseeds regularly, I’d say go ahead and buy them. You can put a scoop of flax into smoothies; into other baked goods; mix it into yogurt; combine it with chia seeds to make chia pudding…I promise, there are several uses. (What else do you put flaxseeds in/on?! Comment below! 🙂 )
Ok, I’m in, let’s BAKE!
Yes, yes let’s DO IT!
Tools to make this recipe:13×9 inch baking pan, with lid!
A brownie spatula so you get the perfect piece every time!
Whisk & silicone spatula combo! We’ll use both of these in this recipe.
Silicon hot pads! Aren’t these pretty? You’ll cool the brownie pan on one of these (plus they’re perfect for serving hot dishes, etc)
Let me know when you bake! Tag @thefetchingfoodie on Instagram and leave a comment here! I love to see & share your baking!
Amazing Vegan Oreo Brownies!!
This recipe makes one 13×9 inch pan of brownies. Cut them as large or small as you’d like!! A “modest” sized brownie would yield about 2 dozen brownies.
6 flax eggs (1 flax egg = 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseeds mixed with 3 Tablespoons water)
1 1/2 cup canola oil
3 cups granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk yogurt
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1 tsp salt
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Prepare the flax eggs. For the equivalent of 6 flax eggs, you’ll need 6 Tablespoons of flaxseeds + 18 Tablespoons of water. In other words– 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons flaxseeds, mixed with 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons water. Mix these together well and set the mixture aside to thicken a bit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the canola oil and sugar. Whisk whisk whisk until really well mixed.
- Add in the vanilla extract, yogurt, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk again until well combined.
- Add in your prepared flax-eggs mixture. Whisk yet again 🙂 You’re getting that arm workout in!
- Switch to a silicone spatula. Gently fold in the flour & baking powder. Continue gently mixing/folding until no flour streaks are left.
- Add in as many crushed Oreos are your heart desires. I use at least one row.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with additional crushed up Oreos.
- Bake the brownies in your preheated oven for about 35-45 minutes– this will depend on your oven! Bake them until they no longer jingle when you wiggle the pan and the edges of the brownies just start to pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the brownies to cool in the pan on a hot pad (see my fav ones, blue silicon, above).
- If you’re like me, and you like gooey warm brownies, wait about 10 minutes, then cut a piece!
- To serve them, wait for them to cool completely (or..mostly). Then slice & serve!
- To store them, put on the pan lid! You want to store them airtight so they stay moist as long as possible.
- They’re best eaten in the first week– enjoy all that moistness!
I lean towards under-baking them….a) personal preference and b) because there is no egg, so why not!!
Remember to tag @thefetchingfoodie on Instagram- I love to see & share what you make!
Some of the links in the post are affiliate links. That means that when you make a purchase through one of the links, I get a little something from Amazon- at no additional cost to you! You get the products you need, and it helps my blog! Thank you!!!