Peanut butter & Banana & Chocolate…in a muffin?! You bet!
I’ve made this recipe before in the form of loaves (mini & regular sized), but this time I went with mini muffins! They are the perfect size to just pop in your mouth, and you can eat more than 1! Oh, AND, they are whole wheat and contain no butter or oil!!
I made these to bring into work! They’re wonderful to share!
Try ’em out yourself!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Mini Muffins!
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 T baking powder (I know, it seems like a lot. You’re reading right though– 1 Tablespoon)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup ripe banana, mashed (about 2)
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk (I used skim)
6-10oz chocolate chips (I use mini ones!)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 4 dozen mini muffin indents (I have 4 1-dozen pans).
2) In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3) In a separate large bowl, combine the applesauce, sugars, peanut butter, and banana. Stir until combined. Beat in eggs. Pour in milk and vanilla. Then, add the flour mixture. Mix just until combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
4) Scoop batter into the mini muffin pans. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through (the center should spring back when pressed lightly with your finger).
5) Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely. (OR eat some warm!)
I know they’re technically muffins, but feel free to pop one of these at any time of day! I know I will 🙂