1. Three Philosophers
2. Abbey Ale
3. Rare Vos
Each chef’s dish was absolutely delicious!! Each unique in its own way, and all finger-licking good. Want to know what everyone made? Alright, here we go: (in the order they were arranged around the room)
1. Will Artley, Pizzeria Orso Rare Vos Pretzel with Lamb Bacon-Heirloom & Hennepin Tomato Jam
2. Jeff Eng, Clyde’s Tower Oaks Lodge Hennepin Braised Pork Belly with Chanterelle Fried Rice and Sunny Side Up Quail Egg, and Spicy Lobster Summer Roll: ikura, Thai basil, and Shiso-Santa Rosa
3. Kamal Chanaka, Smith Commons Sous Vide Moulard Duck Breast, Taleggio Stuffed Pearl Barley Patty, Rutabaga/Orange Puree, Spiced Cashew Relish & Topped with a Hennepin Powder
4. Andrew Dixon, Mad Fox Brewing Co. Coriander Ahi Tataki w/ Orange Rare Vos Sorghum Jelly, Stonefruit Compote, Cherry Hill Goat Cheese & Lavish
5. Thomas Schoborg, P.J. Clarke’s Hand-Cut Sirloin Chili with Roasted Jalapenos, Cheddar, & Sour Cream w/ Ommegang Abbey
6. Andrew Markert, Beuchert’s Saloon Hennepin Saison Pickled Carolina Shrimp With Spiked Melon & Tomato Gazpacho
7. Logan McGear, Smoke & Barrel Ommegang Abbey Smoked Pull Pork & The Thinkers Mac
8. Anthony Piscioneri, DC-3/Matchbox Rare Vos Foie Dog with Apricot Chutney, Pickled Onions, & House Made Beer Nuts, Served on Rare Vos Bread
Um, yeah, like I said, SO TASTY!!
I thought it was interesting that all of the chefs used either Hennepin, Rare Vos, or Abbey Ale.; no one used Witte or Three Philosophers. Not bad, just something I noticed. I wonder why….says the girls with roughly zero beer knowledge 🙂
What was my favorite? That’s REALLY tough. Thomas’s chili was the best chili I’ve ever had, I could have eaten 5 of Will’s lamb & pretzel roll sliders (as I’ll call them), and Kamal’s duck breast and stuffed pearl barley patty was cheesy (in the patty) and complex. Those were my top 3.
And of course, there were winners! There was a People’s Choice, as well as Judge’s winner.
The People’s Choice Award went to Chef Jeff Eng for his Hennepin Braised Pork Belly and Spicy Lobster Summer Roll.
The Judge’s winner, and thus the HopChef “master,” if you will, was Will Artley‘s lamb and pretzel roll! Yummmm. It was one of my favorites….