Don’t you love sprinkles? They add color and happiness to everything that they’re in or on, whether that’s cake or brownies or….
Did you know that May 15th is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day?? Well, I found that out this year. So naturally, I had to make cookies. Rather than traditional chocolate chip, I decided to make super-soft chocolate chip cookies with colored sprinkles. So fun! AmIRight?!
What makes them super-soft you ask? Cream cheese! Yes, I put cream cheese in the dough. Do it, you won’t regret it.
I made one batch as the beautiful cookies you see above, and another as bar cookies that I cut into squares. A bunch came into work with me, I brought another boxful to a cookout, and the last of ’em were for two friends’ birthdays!
And you know what? Everyone loved them! Which is of course my end-goal and the reason I bake.
So, are you ready for some cookies?! Let’s do this.
Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 60 cookies.
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of colored sprinkles
1) Take out the butter, cream cheese, and eggs so that they come to room temperature.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch. Then whisk in the sprinkles. Set aside.
3) In the bowl of a stand-mixer (or a large bowl with a hand-mixer), beat together the butter, cream cheese, and sugars on a high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat again another few minutes until fully combined. The the mixer on a low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture. When only a few flour streaks remain, add in the chocolate chips. Mix everything together just until combined. Switch to mixing with a wooden spoon if the dough is too thick.
4) Cover the bowl with the dough in it with something airtight (I use press-n-seal) and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
5) When you’re ready to make the cookies, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line cookies sheets with silpat mats or parchment paper.
6) Take the dough out of the fridge. Using two spoons or a cookie scoop, scoop the dough out onto the cookies sheets. Like this:
7) Bake the cookies in the oven for about 8 minutes, or until they are just turning golden brown. A light golden brown– you want to make sure not to overcook them.
8) Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then trasfer them over to a wire cooling rack. Try one (or two..) warm. It’s the best!
9) Store them in an airtight container. They’ll be good for about a week, but trust me, there’s no way they’ll last that long.
Every day is better with cookies 🙂 Enjoy!
2 comments on “Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies!”Add yours →
Comments are closed. You can not add new comments.
These are just glorious!