I know, the name is a little excessive, but imagine all of those things, all the flavors (chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal, more chocolate, oreos…) ALL in your mouth, at once…
It’s old news that I am a chocolate-peanut butter freak– if you are too, try these out! They are soft, gooey, have a slight crunch (from the oreos), and are BURSTING with chocolate peanut butter flavor!
I made these for a few reasons…
1) To take to Kickball!
2) To bring to work next week!
3) To bring to Taste of DC when I go in there later this week!
It made a pretty big batch so I should have enough to just divvy up the cookies for all of my different reasons! 🙂
Next time you’re craving something sweet, and you like chocolate and peanut butter, try out these!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Oreo Cookies!
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s)
2 sticks of butter (8oz), unsalted and softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups oats (I used Old-Fashioned)
2-3 cups your favorite chocolate chunks (I used an assortment of milk chocolate, dark chocolate, Reese’s, and Butterfingers)
1 sleeve Oreos (about…15 cookies?), crushed
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl using a mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended
4) Add in the flour mixture. When it is almost all incorporated, add the chocolate chunks, Oreos, and oats. Beat as much as you can with the mixer, switching to a wooden spoon if the dough gets too thick.
5) Scoop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven for about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on baking sheet for a few minutes. Then use a spatula to transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
6) TRY ONE! They are so good warm and gooey, fresh from the oven!! Once they’re cool store in an airtight container.
Feel free to comment with any thoughts, questions, opinions, and feedback!!
What’s your favorite chocolate-peanut butter baked good?!