Enter: These. Cookies.
Chocolate cookies studded with semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chunks, and milk chocolate chunks, & dusted with sea salt.
The secret? The key that makes these cookies truly the most chocolatey cookies you’ll have?
Adding 1/2 tsp of instant espresso powder to the batter enhances the richness of the chocolate. Not a coffee-flavor-fan? Not to worry! You can’t taste the actual espresso coffee flavor, it just makes a deeper chocolate!
The final touch– the sprinkling of sea salt– takes these to the top notch. You know, that salty-sweet perfection? It enhances the chocolate flavor even more.
And that’s why these are the Chocoholic Cookies. Chocolate lovers, indulge & unite! Let’s do this.
Triple chocolate cookies w/ a sprinkling of sea salt
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
2 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chunks
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2-3 baking sheets with silpat mats or parchment paper and set them aside.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. Set the aside.
3) In the bowl of your stand mixer, or a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat together the butter and granulated sugar. Beat on a medium-high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. It will be lighter in color and creamy.
4) Add in the vanilla extract and 2 eggs. Beat again on a medium speed until fulling combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides down as needed.
5) With the mixer on a low speed, gradually add in the flour mixture. It’ll incorporate slowly into the batter. Finally, add in all the chocolate chips/chunks! Don’t stress about eating a piece of chocolate or two 😀
6) Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop out rounded tablespoons of dough onto your prepared cookie sheets. These WILL spread, so leave an inch or two between each cookie.
7) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the tops just start to crack.
8) Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Don’t forget– try at least one warm. Maybe two. Calories don’t count when they cookies are fresh from the oven………..right?? #worthit
These are perfect to bring to any gathering. Parties? Your office? A sports game? A brewery? OR, to put in your freezer and have on hand whenever you host…or just need a cookie yourself. P.E.R.F.E.C.T.