Stop what you’re doing. This is not a drill.
These cookies don’t contain ANY butter or hydrogenated oil. The secret ingredient?? Well, you’ve probably already guessed it– avocado! And these are not some ok-tasting-but-definitely-diet-cookies– these are DELICIOUS, silky smooth, super-chocolaty, more that satisfying cookies. If I didn’t tell you they had avocado, you would have no idea. You would just think they are the most bold, intense, chocolate cookies you’ve ever been addicted to.
And, they’re super easy to make. NO MIXER NECESSARY!!
What you’ll need– the ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup pureed ripe avocado
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg, large
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Whisk together and set aside.
3) For the avocado, first you need to get to the flesh. Cut the avocado around length-wise and twist so you have two halves. Remove the seed. Using a large spoon, scoop the flesh of the avocado into a food processor and puree until completely smooth.
4) Measure out 1/2 cup of avocado and put into a large bowl. Add both sugars, the egg, and the vanilla extract. Whisk these ingredients together until fully combined. Then add in the flour mixture, folding it into the wet ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined. Add in about 1/2 of the chocolate chips and stir.
5) Line a large baking sheet with a silpat mat. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking sheet, leaving a little space between each cookie. They will not spread much.
6) Gently press the remaining chocolate chips into the top of the cookie dough balls. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 8 minutes or until they look set and not wet.
And voila!! You’ll have about 15 gooey, chocolaty, health-fat cookies. Healthy? I mean, they’re not a superfood or anything. But if you’re going to have a cookie, these certainly have more nutritional value than the average treat!!
Try them out and let me know what you think! I can’t wait to test out avocado in so many other recipes….any ideas?! Holla