Mmmmm. See those creamy mashed potatoes? Oh wait, guess what? They’re made from cauliflower!! That’s right– it’s a super creamy, flavorful, HEALTHY cauliflower mash. That looks and tastes just like mashed potatoes.
The ingredients? Cauliflower, plain Greek yogurt, seasonings, and.. that’s it!! They taste so indulgent and yet are so good for you.
Let’s make ’em!
You’ll want to at least have:
1 head cauliflower
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
Italian seasoning, garlic, onion powder, chili garlic, etc (optional)
- Take your head of cauliflower. Slice off the stem and all the leaves. Slice up the cauliflower into smallish chunks. Put them in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
That’s what it looks like, fully steamed.
2. Put the steamed cauliflower into a food processor. Process on high for about a minute.
3. Stir the cauliflower to make sure it all gets creamy. Add in a dollop (about 1/2 cup) of plain greek yogurt. Process on high again for about another minute.
LOOK HOW CREAMY!!
4. Add in seasonings as your heart desires! This time I added herbs de province, garlic, onion powder, and about a teaspoon of chili garlic sauce.
5. Process again until you have the smooth texture that you want from mashed potatoes!
6. EAT!! The mash should be warm, since the cauliflower was steamed originally. Taste them. Add more seasonings if you’d like. And then you’re doneee! It’ll be hard not to just eat the whole batch. So tasty!
I served mine with brussel sprouts, turkey bacon, red bell pepper, mushrooms; Greek yogurt guacamole, a fried egg. OH and..
Who says healthy eating can’t taste great? You’ll never feel the need to make starchy real mashed potatoes again.