My idea of a good cookie has lots of flavor, is soft, slightly chewy, and must contain chocolate. Check these out.
Chocolate chip cookies with dark chocolate chunks, almonds, coconut, and nature valley granola bars pieces. YUM!! They turned out wonderfully, fulfilling all of the essential components I desire from a cookie. The batch also made lots! About 5-6 dozen.
I made these when I had time and then froze them (after eating a few warm from the oven..). Now out of the freezer, I’m bringing them into work tomorrow. Nothing like a cookie Friday…
Lots o’ Stuff Cookies!
Makes 5-6 dozen small/medium sized cookies.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks butter, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 12oz bag of Hershey’s dark chocolate almond squares, roughly chopped
6 packets of Oats & Honey Nature Valley Granola Bars (12 bars), crushed
1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3) Beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl on medium-high speed until fluffy and creamy. Then, add in the two eggs and the vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
4) Add in the flour mixture and slowly incorporate. Once the flour is starting to mix in, add in the chocolate and nature valley granola bar pieces. At this point you’ll probably need to switch to a sturdy wooden spoon. Add in the chocolate chips and the dark chocolate almond pieces. Stir until everything is evenly distributed.
5) Using a small cookie scoop or wooden spoons, scoop out the cookie dough onto the cookies sheets. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 8-9 minutes, pulling them out right when they start to get a hint of light brown color.
6) Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Continue until all of the cookies are baked.
And there you have ’em! Make the whole batch– they’ll disappear quickly!!
What are you favorite sweet flavor combinations?? I’m thinking some sort of chocolate peanut butter caramel cookie next…