Christmas Cookie #3: White & Dark Chocolate Cranberry Almond Cookies!
This is a soft, flavorful cookie that is festive enough for the holidays, but also could be made any time!
I admit, I’m not a huge white chocolate fan, but in this cookie, it tastes right. The combination of the two sweet chocolate flavors, the tangy-sweet cranberry, and the hearty, crunchy almonds tastes balanced and delicious!
The cookies baked to a beautiful golden brown color. YUM!
White & Dark Chocolate Cranberry Almond Cookies!
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
1 12 oz bag dark chocolate almond candies (Hershey’s), chopped
1) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
2) In a large, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy & creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Gradually add in the flour mixture, followed by the cranberries and chocolate. Mix until evenly distributed, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
3) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop or regular teaspoons, scoop dough out in rounded balls (heaping teaspoons if not a cookie scoop) onto prepared baking sheets.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
5) Keep the cookies cooling on the cookie sheets for a few minutes. Then, transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack. As always, try one warm! There is nothing like a cookie fresh from the oven 🙂
Ready to serve!