Do you like peanut butter!? I LOVE it! and the ONE thing that can beat peanut butter is..
chocolate WITH peanut butter!! Personally, my favorite flavor combination.
So, I decided to make some peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips! How to make them unique? Throw in some crushed pretzels to create a salty-sweet treat! These are soft and yet have a good crunch from the pretzels, not too sweet, and definitely should satisfy any chocolate-peanut-butter-lover!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies!!
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 – 2 cups creamy peanut butter (depends on how peanut buttery you like it!)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, room temperature
2 cups (1 12oz bag) semisweet chocolate chips
~ 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
3)In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until creamy.
4) Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
5) Add in the flour and fold it in a few times with a spatula so that is it partially mixed, like this:
Then beat together completely with the mixer.
6) Mix in the chocolate chips and crushed pretzels. Switch to mixing them in with a wooden spoon if the dough get’s too thick/sticky for the mixer
The dough should look like this!:
7) Now, using a small cookie scoop or two teaspoons, scoop dough out onto parchment lined baking sheets. Press each cookie down in a crisscross pattern with a fork.
(These haven’t been pressed down with a fork yet.)
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until puffy and just starting to brown around the edges.
9) Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then move them with a spatula to a cooling rack to cool completely.
I would HIGHLY recommend grabbing a few while they are warm!!
I always use creamy peanut butter when I bake, but I bet using crunchy would add even more texture to these cookies! Which do you prefer– crunchy or creamy?!