Want to try a treat that is salty & sweet, chocolaty, gooey, peanut buttery goodness??
Then you MUST try these!
Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies layered with Peanut Butter and Oreos, all on a Salty Pretzel Crust.
You SEE those layers?!
I’ve made these twice, so there are two different sets of pictures in that slideshow.
Now, you might be wondering why I posted a picture of the pan of brownies, sans a chunk in the middle. There is NOTHING better than the warm gooey center. The second time I made these, I got a little too excited and cut some of the middle out before taking pictures…
Once you make them, and smell them in your kitchen, you’ll understand.
The directions seem kind of long, but they assemble pretty quickly and are SO worth it!! Trust me!
They are gooey, creamy, salty, sweet, crunchy!! WOW!
Chchchcheck it out!
Dark Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter Oreo Layers & a Salty Pretzel Crust
3 – 3 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
3/4 cup butter, melted
For Peanut Butter Oreo Mixture
2 cups peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Oreo cookies, crushed (the more the merrier! I use about 1/2 a package, or 2 strips/sleeves)
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s “Special Dark”)
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil. Grease the foil.
2) For Crust, melt the butter in a medium-sized bowl in the microwave. Then, crush up pretzels, either by hand or in a food processor. Measure the pretzels after the are crushed. I usually grind them up into small pieces, but don’t completely pulverize them.
3) Put the pretzels into the melted butter and mix until all combined. Dump the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing it on the bottom with the back or a spoon, or your (clean) hands. Bake in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven to a cooling rack (but leave oven on).
4) For Peanut Butter Oreo Layer Mixture: Put the 2 cups of peanut butter into a bowl and microwave until melty (20 seconds-ish). I use the same bowl that I used for the crust mixture (fewer dishes)! Sift in the 1 cup powdered sugar and add the salt and vanilla. Mix well with a spatula. Add in crushed Oreos and stir. Set aside.
5) For Brownies: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, melt the butter. Add in sugar and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the cocoa powder. Add the eggs and beat until well combined. Fold in the flour mixture.
6) To Assemble: Take your pan with the pretzel crust in it, pour in about half of the brownie batter, and spread evenly. Next, take the peanut butter mixture and dollop on top of the brownie mixture in the pan, using about half of the peanut butter concoction.
7) Carefully spread with a spatula to form as close to a solid peanut butter layer as possible. Pour & spread the rest of the brownie batter and spread evenly. Finally, dollop the rest of the peanut butter mixture on the top and use a spatula and/or knife the swirl the layers.
8) Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out relatively clean, and the brownies look set.
9) Put on cooling rack. for at least 10 minutes. Cut & serve warm, or cool and enjoy later!