Do you like oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?!
These are even BETTER! The game-changer = browned butter!
I’ve never done browned butter before, but let me tell you, it makes a HUGE, yet subtle, flavor difference! It is hard to describe, but it’s almost a caramel-y taste. I also usually shy away from putting cinnamon in my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but it really enhances these cookies!!
As far as the coconut goes, I happen to love coconut, but even if you don’t, you can’t really taste it that much– it just adds to the chewy texture!
Browning the butter takes ~5-10 minutes, but, really, it’s so worth it!
It’s my first day at my new job tomorrow, so I wanted to bring in cookies that were delicious yet distinctive! I think these will be great!!
You want to make them too? Here ya go!
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Coconut Oatmeal Cookies!!
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
3 cups oats (I used Old-Fashioned)
1) Brown the butter: place the 2 sticks of butter in a stainless steel saucepan. Melt on medium heat, whisking constantly. Keep whisking. The butter will bubble and foam up. The foam will subside a bit, and it will keep bubbling. Once you see that it starts to turn brown, remove from the heat. Pour the butter into a glass bowl to cool while you prep some more ingredients.
2) Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium size bowl.
3) Put the sugars into a large mixing bowl and add the browned butter. Beat on medium speed until well combined. Add in the 2 eggs, vanilla, and milk. Beat until smooth and light-colored.
4) On a low speed, beat in the flour mixer. Add the oats, chocolate chips, and coconut. Mixer with mixer until fully incorporated (or switch to a wooden spoon if you prefer).
5) Cover with foil and refrigerate for 1-2 hours (or longer, could be overnight if you want). When you’re ready, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop the dough onto the cookie sheets in rounded teaspoonfuls. Bake in oven for 6-9 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes. Then remove to a cooling rack.
Enjoy warm from the oven or cooled!
Like the browned butter flavor, eh?!
Comment here and let us know!!