Guys, I love brownies. When people hear I’m a baker, one of the first questions they ask is “What’s your favorite thing to bake?”
Answer: “My favorite thing to eat, and therefore my favorite thing to bake, are brownies.”
And, my classic recipe, which I used here. It produces sweet, gooey, moist, and oh-so-chocolaty treats.
Oh and what’s my favorite dessert? A brownie sundae. Warm, fudgy brownie, cool, creamy ice cream (or frozen yogurt), velvty hot fudge, sprinkles and anything else you can throw on there! (Caramel sauce? cookie dough? peanut butter? Yes please!)
Now what if you had a brownie bowl? Chyeah, that same fudgy brownie, but you can load it up even more with toppings & ice cream!
See that? The ice cream (or in this case, frozen yogurt) fill the bowl!
Let dive in here, I’m hungraay.
The Brownie Bowl Sundae:
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups chocolate chunks (and/or Oreos, peanut butter, or your favorite add-in!)
Ice cream / frozen yogurt (I used mint Oreo and cookies ‘n’ cream frozen yogurt)
And anything else you want! I should be drizzled peanut butter on here. Do that.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan with baking spray.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3) In a large bowl, melt the butter. Add in sugar and vanilla and mix well.
4) Stir in the cocoa powder. Add the eggs and beat until well combined.
5) Fold in the flour mixture. Gently stir in add-ins.
6) Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 cup full.
7) Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until just set. Remove the pan from the oven.
8) Now take a glass (like, a drinking glass) that has a bottom a little bit smaller than the muffin cups. Gently press the glass into the center of each brownie, forming a bowl shape!
9) Allow the brownies to cool for about 10 minutes. Then remove them from the pan onto a wire cooling rack.
10) Ready to eat? Of course you are. To assemble, take your favorite ice cream. Generously scoop some into your brownie bowl. Top with all the toppings that your heart desires!
I made one jumbo-sized:
and then a dozen more “personal” sized bowls.
Oh yeah, we ate them while watching the bachelor. It was a pretty fantastic night.