DO YOU LOVE CHOCOLATE?
I LOVE chocolate. Love it. Like, offer me something that’s not chocolate and I can probably pass. But offer me chocolate….and…I MUST SAY YES. It’s just. so. yummy. Satisfying. Delicious. You know what I mean??
If you love chocolate, then surely you do!! 🙂
These cookies are for the chocolate lover. They are rich, deep chocolate cookies – soft on the inside with the perfect crisp crunch on the outside. Then, to make sure your chocolate-sweet-tooth is truly satisfied, we throw a bunch of chocolate chips in there. BECAUSE WHY NOT 😀
GOOD FOR YOU
All this chocolate talk…you can hear your healthy-eating-goals going down the drain. But don’t despair! These cookies are compatible with several types of diets! You know I’m not a fan of the word diet. By diet, I mean your daily eating regime. These beauties are dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan (if you want them to be), and paleo!! Technically they’re not Whole30….and if you’re doing Whole30, don’t let this de-rail you!! Just bookmark them for a healthier treat to have post-Whole30-ing 🙂
Add Ice Cream…
I got a new toy recently. An ice cream machine. As you may already know, I’m lacrose-intolerant and thereofre keep as dairy-free as possible. So, I bought an ice cream machine to create coconut milk based ice creams in all flavors imaginable!
I started with a simple *healthy* ice cream made of coconut milk, dates, and vanilla. It was surprisingly delicious! However, I’m still working on getting that softer ice cream texture (rather than being rock solid).
So then I made chocolate peanut butter ice cream. The good stuff. The flavor that (my) dreams are made of. It is DELISHHHHHH and I will be sharing that recipe soon!
Anyway, that whole spiel is to say– try these cookies warmed up with a scoop of your fav ice cream. OR go all out and make ice cream cookie sandwiches!!!! DROOOOLLLLLL
I WANT CHOCOLATE LET’S BAKE!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment here & tag @thefetchingfoodie on Instagram! I’d love to see!
1 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup cacao powder, sifted
1 egg (or flax egg, if vegan)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup almond butter, melted (or your favorite nut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup vegan chocolate chips (I use Wegman’s brand chocolate chips, which are *naturally* vegan)
Maldon flaky salt – to sprinkle on top
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a small bowl, place the coconut oil and nut butter. Microwave for about 1 minute, until just melted. Set aside to cool a bit.
3) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cacao powder.
4) To the dry ingredients, add in the melted coconut oil/nut butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk until just incorporated.
5) Switch to a rubber spatula and fold in the chocolate chips.
6) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
7) Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop about 2 Tablespoons of dough for each cookie, leaving about an inch between each dough ball. Press down slightly on each dough ball to help them spread.
8) Sprinkle just a little maldon sea salt onto each cookie. This will help bring out the supreme chocolate flavors plus add that salty sweetness that we know and love.
9) Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes or until you just start to see cracks on top of each cookie.
10) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for about 3 minutes.
11) Then remove the cookies from the baking sheet and allow them to cool completely on a wire baking rack, or plate. P.S. before they cool completely though, try one warm!! So. So. Good.
I hope these satisfy all of your chocolate hopes, dreams, and needs!! Don’t forget to tag @thefetchingfoodie on Instagram with your creations! XOXO Happy Baking! <3 Have a FAB day friends!