Question: What’s soft, sweet, chocolaty, and full of coconutty goodness?
Answer: THESE BLONDIES!
Blondies are the the sister-treat to brownies. They’re kind of like a chocolate chip cookie, but softer. More like…cookie dough, but cooked. And a square not a circle. It’s something you really need to just experience. Trust me!
Like, right now..
Coconut Chocolate Chip Blondies!
Makes 4-5 dozen bars.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 3/4 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 12oz bag of chocolate chips
1 cup shredded coconut
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan with foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Let it asaide.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set them aside.
3) Using an electric mixer (stand mixer or hand-held mixer), beat together the butter and the brown sugar until it is well whipped and lighter in color. Add in the eggs and the vanilla extract and use the mixer again until they’re fully incorporated.
4) Put the mixer on a low speed and slowly add in the flour mixture. Continue to mix until no more flour streaks remain. Keeping the mixer on low, add in the chocolate chips and coconut.
5) Spread the dough out onto your prepared jelly roll pan. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake it for about 20 minutes, or until the edges just start to brown.
6) Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack completely. Per usual, and definitely in this case, I recommend cutting into them and trying them while they’re warm!! Maybe with a scoop of ice cream…
7) Once they’re fully cooled, place the cut bars into an airtight container until you’re ready to serve ’em. I brought some to work, some to soccer, and some to a party! Oh and kept some at home for me and my roommate, duh. 😀