I’ve never heard of anyone not liking these cookies. I asked a lot of people what their favorite Christmas cookie was, and the overwhelming majority of folks said it was these bad boys. And I mean, it makes sense..chocolate, peanut butter, together….it IS the best combination.
I like to make the cookies a little smaller than some people do, so that I always get chocolate in with my peanut butter cookie bite (rather than eating some of the peanut butter cookie without the Hershey’s kiss.
If you like chocolate and peanut butter, you gotta try ’em!
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies!
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons salt
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I use Peter pan)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup milk (I use skim– I’ve never noticed a difference using skim vs. whole)
~ 1/2 cup additional granulated sugar, in a bowl
2 11oz packages Hershey’s kisses
Step 0: Before starting to make the cookies, I recommend putting the bags of Hershey’s kisses in the freezer so that they aren’t soft. When it’s the day you want to make the cookies, take the kisses out and unwrap them all ahead of time. Put back in the fridge until you’re ready for them.
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3) In another large bowl, beat together the butter, sugars, and peanut butter until fully combined and creamy. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and milk and mix well.
4) Slowly add in the flour mixture. Use a spoon instead of beaters if necessary.
5) Roll the dough into about 1 inch balls. Roll int he granulated sugar and place on the prepared baking sheets.
6) Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until they start to crack and look set. Remove from the oven and immediately press a Hershey’s kiss into the center of each cookie. Then cool the cookies on a baking rack until the cookies are cool and kisses are set.
7) EAT ONE WARM (or 2 or 3….)! Chocolate Peanut Butter gooey-ness –> YUM!!
What’s your favorite Christmas Cookie? These, or something else?!