I’m so excited to share this new muffin recipe with you.
I’m on vacation in Cape Cod with some of my girlfriends. We woke up pretty tired this morning (after being out watching live music last night) and were in need of a hearty breakfast.
I wanted to make something out of the ingredients we already had. We had bought cashew butter to make cashew butter cups (that recipe to come later), almond flour for almond flour pancakes (also recipe coming later) and bananas, you know, to eat.
So, how about banana muffins with cashew butter and almond flour!
These came out perfectly moist and flavorful. I love the nuttiness from the almond flour and they had just the right amount of subtle sweetness from the bananas and a little coconut sugar.
They come together super quickly and are made all in one bowl. Helloo easy clean up!
PLUS they’re gluten-free & dairy-free!
I’m hungry, are you? Let’s get to it!
Banana Cashew Butter Muffins!
Makes 8 muffins
1/2 cup cashew butter (or your favorite nut butter)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large bananas, mashed
1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with 8 muffin liners. Set that aside.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg, cashew butter, vanilla, mashed banana, coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
3) Switch to a rubber spatula and gently fold in the almond flour and baking soda.
4) Using a large spoon, scoop the batter evenly into the 8 lined muffin cups. Place an extra slice of banana on top of each one if you want, for looks.
5) Bake them in your preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until they spring back when you lightly touch the top of one.
6) Cool them on the muffin tin for about 5 minutes. Then, remove them from the pan, and serve!
You can easily make these in advance too. Just store the fully-cooled muffins in an airtight container until you’re ready to eat ’em.
I would imagine these would be incredible with chocolate chips mixed in…I’ll try that next time!
We ate these along with a zucchini-mushroom-onion egg scramble and chicken sausage. NOM
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
As always, don’t forget the spread the love once you bake ’em! Tag @thefetchingfoodie and #thefetchingfoodie on social media when you post!
Happy baking 🙂