Oh my yum.
Oreos, Baileys, espresso, cheesecake….what’s not to love?! Creamy, chocolatey/mocha, smooth cheesecake, and fairly easy too!
You can see the layers a little bit in the picture above. It starts with an oreo crust– simple combination of oreo crumbs and melted butter.
Then, there is a layer of espresso cheesecake batter, a layer of Baileys cheesecake batter, another layer of espresso cheesecake batter, and then the last of the Baileys cheesecake batter. Top is all with some crushed up Oreo crumbs and boom! Easy, fancy-tasting cheesecake. OH and the secret ingredient– mascarpone cheese! Adds a little complexity to the flavor with the cream cheese. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm……….
I cut mine into bars and put them each in a paper muffin cup liner. Ya know, those paper liners that are between every foil liner? Some people just toss them out. Don’t do it! They’re great for holding treats. Or really, I often just use them for cupcakes/muffins anyway and don’t have a problem.
Anywho, time to get baking!
Baileys Espresso Cheesecake Bars with Oreo Crust!
Makes 1 13 x 9 inch pan of bars. ~40 bars depending on the size you cut them.
1 15.5 oz package Oreo cookies, divided and pulverized
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 8oz bricks cream cheese, room temperature
1 8oz container mascarpone cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 Tablespoon hot water
1/2 cup Baileys (Homemade baileys here! Or store-bought will work just fine)
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil, making sure the foil is long enough so that you have overhang on both ends of the pan. You’ll use these as handles to lift the bars out of the pan later.
2) Using a food processor, pulverize 30 of the Oreo cookies. Then add in the melted butter. Blend in the food processor until the butter is evenly distributed. Dump the mixer from the food processor into the foil-lined pan. Press the Oreo mixture evenly into the pan using a wooden spoon (or your hands). Set the pan aside.
3) In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to mix together the cream cheese and the mascarpone cheese. Once that is all well combined, add in the sugar and mix on a medium/high speed until really well whipped. Then add in the eggs, vanilla, and salt. Mix again until the eggs are fully incorporated.
4) Scoop half of the batter into a different bowl. Into one half, add the Baileys, using electric mixer to fully combined. For the other half, first combine the espresso powder and hot water in a small bowl. Then add the espresso to that other half of cheesecake batter. Now you’re ready to layer!
5) Pour half of the espresso cheesecake batter over the Oreo crust and spread it evenly with a rubber spatula. Then spread half of the Baileys batter evenly on top of that, followed by the rest of the espresso batter, and then the remainder of the Baileys batter.
6) Now, take a knife and run it through the batter, without letting the knife touch the bottom of the pan of the crust, to swirl the batters together. To garnish, pulverize some more Oreos (if you bought a regular-sized package of Oreos, I would say just use the rest of ’em) and sprinkle the crumbs over the top. Press them into the batter lightly using the spatula.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, on until the middle is just set.
8) Remove the pan from the oven and cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Once it’s completely cool, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
9) When you’re ready to cut them, use the foil handles to lift the bars out of the pan. Then, cut the bars to your desired size using a knife. Make sure to clean the knife off every few slices so that there are clean lines. (BONUS: eating the excess that you clean off the knife….there’s really nothing to do with it other than enjoy it :))
10) If you aren’t serving them right away, put the bars back in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them. They can be stored in the fridge for about a week.
11) YUM time to try!
Be careful, they’re quite addicting. I’m bringing mine into the office tomorrow. A little almost-Friday treat for my co-workers 🙂
What’s your favorite Bailey’s recipe?! Share below!